Sunday, May 03, 2009

Neglect of the Hobby



I know what you're thinking... "So you think you can just blog on here like nothing ever happened!!!" Please forgive me. I know it has been a while, but I have had a few other things going on and I just haven't had the time. I have been fanning though. Take for instance this little beauty. Guess what this is... Oh come on try real hard. Look closely. Okay it is an Emerson 29048. That's right a 29-oh-48. For those of you who don't know. That means direct current only. Cool huh.

History

This fan came into my possession as a parts fan for another one that I was working on. No blade or switch. Just a beat up stump and bent and broken cage. Enter the AFCA and good fan friends. I had my welder buddy at work wave his artistic Miller wand and repair the breaks. This I reshaped and cleaned up the welds. Coat or two of lacquer and presto. I cleaned the original paint on the motor housing and repaint the base. I didn't have a blade, brushes or the little o-rings that go inside the brush housings. I got these items from some great fan folk.

Keeping the story brief. I pulled everything together and it runs very sweetly. I love it when an old piece destined for the heap bypasses it with glory, don't you?
I will try to keep posting more as I have a lot to catch up on. Hang with me. AFCA members don't forget Pig Picking coming up soon.






No comments: