Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Little Eskimo

Just the other day. I was surfing the Northwinds and I noticed this little jewel amongst the overpriced brass. Somehow it ended up on my watched list. The morning of the bid close I just happened to make my morning review. So I put a reminder in my Microsoft Outlook to aide my feeble mind.

Later that day we were called into a sales meeting. Just about twenty minutes before the auction was to end. Doh! We went through our normal stuff and then, the man got a call. Seeing that it would not end soon, I excused myself for a moment and ran down the hall to my office. Jumping on I saw I had six minutes. I thought to myself, self do you really want this fan? Okay lets do the minimum bid test. If it flies it flies. I threw my bid in and ran back to the meeting.

Time seemed to drag as we slowly concluded our proceedings. I couldn't help but wonder if the little eskimo would be changing climates. After returning to my office, I jumped on my email and saw the email that told me I had scored. I hurriedly filled out the paypal info and closed the Internet Explorer.

Fast Forward....Yesterday (Monday) the fan came in. True to Eskimo fashion, froze up! The cord was badly broken. Cage on upside down. I swear some folks cannot see or something. I got to the Fan Cave late that night after a quick trip to Lowe's to acquire some heat shrink and a new switch. I took a couple before shots. Then I cut the old wiring out and removed the old switch. I removed the cage and grabbed my ruler and adjusted the blades.

After the new wire switch and oil, the little eskimo came to life strong.

I am starting to pride myself in finding those little inexpensive but neat fans. It can be done. You don't have to be rich or stupid to be a fan collector.

Later Y'all,
LH

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats a great little find.The wife
found me a G E Mathes at the local
thrift store on 1/2 price day for
the insane price of $4.50!It needs
a cord and its ready to run.