Monday, June 26, 2006

The Hunter Project (Painting Stage)

I have been working on The Hunter Project for several days now. I have stripped, cleaned, and primed. I have also sprayed on several layers of black and wet-sanded the pieces.

Sometimes I just hate painting. I am not a patient person. I tend to want to hurry and get finished on everything I do. Fortunately, I have a smidge of perfectionist in me and strike a fair balance. That is good because when you are painting it pays to take your time.

I guess in some ways I feel like if I don't hurry up, I'll forget how the fan goes back together. Maybe, I am afraid that I will loose a part. Perhaps most of all I think I enjoy reflecting on the hard work after it is over and looking at a job well done.

My brother is coming this weekend to visit, and I plan on asking him to work on this project with me. I think It'd be neat to say this is a fan my brother and I worked on together.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get final paint on so the parts can start curing. Next on to cleaning the brass and prepping the base for it's new felt. I'm so excited!

Later Y'all,
LH

No comments: