Sunday, January 22, 2006
The Saga of the 646
The paint is done and more than well cured. I tried using the original stator/field coil but it just would not work. Something is just wrong... So I sprung for a replacement. Now I am itching to finish. Come on USPS do your stuff. Thank you Bill for your patience. I hope this does the trick.
I am going to post some photos of the varying states of disarray this fan has endured. Keep in mind that I am farther along than this now but I want to give you some background before the unveiling.
In the first photo I show the motor tag that my daughter tried to polish for me. You can see she did the best a 7 year old could do. Photo 2 shows a few misc parts that laid out ready for cleaning and some paint. I had purchased a 16 inch 648 for parts but I didn't know then I needed a new field coil. Photo 3 is a shot of the base before cleaning. Finally photo 4 is a picture of that problematic field coil. Sasafrassen....stupid.... dumb.... thingy.
Anyway this is just an update to let you know what is going on in my fan world. I am starting to think about which of my fans to start next.
Posted by Larry Hancock at 1:07 PM