Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Century Restore Completed
Well, I finally got it done. I have to admit, I was starting to worry. Anyway, it turned out fairly nice. I know things I wish I would have done differently, but they are minor. I utilized some of the new cord I bought here in town on this fan. I am pleased. This is the first time I used anything except black cord from Hudsons. I also used a repro plug that I bought from Lowes. I really like these plugs. The have that antique look, but have modern safety built in. JB Weld contributed to this fan's restoration. I learned to consider whether a fan is cast or steel. I will think long and hard before starting another restore of a cast fan. Oh yeah!!! That is my daughter giving the fan bunny ears. Isn't that funny...
Posted by Larry Hancock at 7:26 AM